- More time for tax saving discussions. If you are rushing you will miss the chance to find tax saving opportunities. Even worse, doing your return at the last minute often leads to errors.
- You don't have to pay now. Filing your return early does not mean you have to pay early. Get your return in and wait until the 14th of November to pay.
- Time to save for your tax bill. If you know what you owe you can budget over the next few months to pay the tax bill more easily.
- You can get help easily. Both your accountant and the Revenue are stretched at tax time. Getting in early makes the process easier and less stressful.
- Get any refund due earlier. Revenue doesn't wait until the tax deadline to give back any refunds due. If you get your tax return in during the quieter period you will get any refund due quicker.
Disclaimer: Advice shared in this blog is intended to inform rather than advise. Taxpayer's circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this forum, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.