Desktop bookkeeping software
- Speed- Can be quicker as you're not working online and therefore reliant on internet speed
- Price- Can be cheaper as may only be a one-off payment; unlike Cloud-based software which may be infinite, monthly subscription payments
Online bookkeeping software
- Mobility- you can work anywhere; anytime provided you have an internet connection
- Communication- you may be able to email your customers through the software; therefore allowing you to attach documents to the emails such as outstanding invoices. Some may even facilitate you takings payments from your customers and others have Apps to download to your smart phone for use when you're out-and-about
- Integration- Due to the evolutionary nature of Cloud-based software, it tends to be compatible with more software than traditional desktop products
- Security- Check with your supplier, but generally, the data in Cloud-based software is much more secure than desktop software- which could disappear during a thunder storm!
The generic features of bookkeeping software should be prevalent whichever route you go for, such as reporting, invoicing, customer/supplier management, VAT returns, bank reconciliations etc.
TaxAssist Accountants offer all our clients access to an easy to use, online bookkeeping package. For your free 60 day trial contact us today.
Disclaimer: Advice shared in this blog is intended to inform rather than advise. Taxpayer's circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this forum, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.