- A €3.4 billion Recovery Fund to stimulate increased domestic demand and employment.
- A new COVID-19 Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) which will pay up to €5,000 a week to businesses forced to close temporarily because of Level 3 COVID-19 restrictions or higher from Budget Day.
- An extension of the tax warehousing scheme to include repayments of the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme funds and 2020 Preliminary Income Tax bills.
- The reduction in VAT for the hospitality sector to 9 per cent from 01 November
- A commitment to put in place a Wage Subsidy Scheme to run to 31 December 2021 once the existing Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme expires on 31 March next.
Date published 14 Oct 2020 | Last updated 15 Oct 2020
Choose the right accounting firm for you
Running your own business can be challenging so why not let TaxAssist Accountants manage your tax, accounting, bookkeeping and payroll needs? If you are not receiving the service you deserve from your accountant, then perhaps it’s time to make the switch?
We specialise in supporting independent businesses and work with over 6,246 clients. Each TaxAssist Accountant runs their own business, and are passionate about supporting you.
We enjoy talking to business owners and self-employed professionals who are looking to get the most out of their accountant. You can visit us at any of our 23 locations, meet with us online through video call software, or talk to us by telephone.
Changing accountants is easier than you might think. There are no tax implications and you can switch at any time in the year and our team will guide you through the process for a smooth transition.