The Government has announced that the Enterprise Support Grant will be made available to assist self-employed recipients who are exiting the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) scheme with a once-off grant of up to €1,000 to re-start their business.
The Enterprise Support Grant is normally paid to people who are in receipt of jobseeker payments who close their claim to start their own business. It is now being extended to assist existing businesses who are reopening after Covid-19 restrictions.
The Grant will be awarded to self-employed individuals whose taxes are up to date with Revenue and who:
- Have been in receipt of the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and have closed their claim;
- Have reopened their business;
- Employ fewer than 10 people;
- Have an annual turnover of less than €1 million;
- Are not eligible for other similar Covid business re-start grants from other Government Departments;
- Are not liable for commercial rates;
- Produce VAT receipts/invoices in respect of business re-start costs and expenses claimed.
Further guidelines are expected to be released in the near future outlining the process for applying for the grant. Keep an eye on our website for future updates or contact us for an initial free consultation here.