Do you need to file a self-assessment tax return?
Anyone in Ireland that receives additional income that is not subject to PAYE needs to file a self-assessment tax return.
At TaxAssist Accountants we work with thousands of individuals across Ireland on their tax returns. By giving you a fixed, competitive price, we can take the worry away when it comes to self-assessment tax returns; allowing you to concentrate on running your business.
Who needs to file a Tax Return?
If you earn income outside the PAYE system you are required to report this income to Revenue by filing a tax return each year.
The most common reasons that you may need to file a tax return are as follows:
- You are self-employed or a partner in a partnership
- You are a freelancer, contractor or RCT contractor
- You are a company director
- You are a landlord or own land that us being let
- You have large amounts of savings or investment income
- You have bought/received or sold shares
- You have sold or given an asset away such as a holiday home
- You have income from overseas (foreign pensions, rental property abroad). Even if you pay tax abroad you may also need to file & pay here!
How does it work?
At TaxAssist Accountants we:
- Offer a free consultation to discuss your requirements
- Set a fixed fee at a competitive price for the work to be done
- Prepare your tax return
- Calculate your tax liability
- Analyse your return to see if any tax savings can be made
- Review the form ensure there are no anomalies that need to be addressed
- File the return online
- Liaise with you on the amounts to be paid and when they are due
- If you are experiencing cashflow problems, we can explore the possibilities of deferring your tax payments or negotiating a payment plan with Revenue on your behalf
Can you help with Capital Gains Tax?
Individuals are charged Capital Gains Tax (CGT) in respect of gains made from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of assets. There are many common assets that can be subject to CGT when they are disposed of, such as stocks, bonds, precious metals. We can help with your CGT return … read more.
Tax Returns Knowledge Hub
We have a dedicated Tax Returns Knowledge Hub with articles and Q&A to help you have a better understanding about what a tax return is and how we can help you file yours accurately and on time. View hub here
When is the deadline?
The deadline for people who pay and file online is 15 November for 2023. Make sure you file now and don’t miss the deadline!
Join us in three easy steps
Get in touch
Arrange a free consultation in person or via video with your local accountant. It’s an informal chat to get to know you and find out more about the help you are looking for.
Chat to an expert
We clearly explain the support available to you and are happy to act as business advisors in order to help you grow your business.
Get a fixed quote
Our fees are fixed and tailored specifically to each individual's needs, so that you only pay for the level of support and services that you require.
Choose the right accounting firm for you
Running your own business can be challenging so why not let TaxAssist Accountants manage your tax, accounting, bookkeeping and payroll needs? If you are not receiving the service you deserve from your accountant, then perhaps it’s time to make the switch?
We specialise in supporting independent businesses and work with 6,246 clients. Each TaxAssist Accountant runs their own business, and are passionate about supporting you.
We enjoy talking to business owners and self-employed professionals who are looking to get the most out of their accountant. You can visit us at any of our 23 locations, meet with us online through video call software, or talk to us by telephone.
Changing accountants is easier than you might think. There are no tax implications and you can switch at any time in the year and our team will guide you through the process for a smooth transition.