Reasons to file early:
1. Time to plan for any tax owed:
One of the biggest expenses that the self-employed will have before the end of the year will be their income tax bill. Filing and calculating any tax liability arising early, allows you the time to start budgeting and managing your cashflow.
If you file early you will know what you owe and allow you to plan effectively for how you will be able to pay it, be that through bank funding or else preparing to engage with Revenue and asking for a phased payment arrangement when the liability falls due.
2. Tax refunds are accelerated
Why wait to receive your tax refund? Once you file your tax return, your refund should be processed soon after.
3. More time with your accountant
4. Reduce the risk of filing late & penalties
Our Early Bird Tax Return Service
- Offer a free consultation to discuss your requirements
- Set a fixed fee at a competitive price for the work to be done
- Prepare your tax return
- Calculate your tax liability
- Analyse your return to see if any tax savings can be made
- Review the form ensure there are no anomalies that need to be addresses
- File the return online
- Liaise with you on the amounts to be paid and when they are due
- If you are experiencing cashflow problems, we can explore the possibilities of deferring your tax payments or negotiating a payment plan with Revenue on your behalf
Who Needs to File a Self-Assessment Tax Return?
Anyone that receives additional income that is not subject to PAYE needs to file.
- You are self-employed or a partner in a partnership
- You are a freelancer, contractor or RCT contractor
- You are a company director
- You are a landlord or own land that us being let
- You have large amounts of savings or investment income
- You have bought/received or sold shares
- You have sold or given an asset away such as a holiday home
- You have income from overseas (foreign pensions, rental property abroad). Even if you pay tax abroad you may also need to file & pay here!
Join us in three easy steps
Get in touch
Arrange a free consultation in person or via video with your local accountant. It’s an informal chat to get to know you and find out more about the help you are looking for.
Chat to an expert
We clearly explain the support available to you and are happy to act as business advisors in order to help you grow your business.
Get a fixed quote
Our fees are fixed and tailored specifically to each individual's needs, so that you only pay for the level of support and services that you require.
Choose the right accounting firm for you
Running your own business can be challenging so why not let TaxAssist Accountants manage your tax, accounting, bookkeeping and payroll needs? If you are not receiving the service you deserve from your accountant, then perhaps it’s time to make the switch?
We specialise in supporting independent businesses and work with 6,246 clients. Each TaxAssist Accountant runs their own business, and are passionate about supporting you.
We enjoy talking to business owners and self-employed professionals who are looking to get the most out of their accountant. You can visit us at any of our 23 locations, meet with us online through video call software, or talk to us by telephone.
Changing accountants is easier than you might think. There are no tax implications and you can switch at any time in the year and our team will guide you through the process for a smooth transition.