The deadline for filing a paper returns has passed but there is still time to file online, until the 28th of May. You can do this using the Property ID and PIN which was received with the Return as well as your PPSN or tax reference number. You can also file online over the phone using the following number 1890 200 255. Please remember this is the deadline for filing but you don't have to pay on that date.
How to pay
Full payments can be made by the 31st of July using the following methods:
- Single Debit Authority, which will be deducted on 21st July 2013
- Debit/Credit Card online when you file
- Cash payments (including debit/credit card) through approved Payment Service Providers (including An Post; Omnivned at self service kiosks in various locations; Payzone at shops and outlets displaying the logo)
You can also choose to pay in instalments from the 1st of July. The full amount must be paid by December 31st 2013. Your instalments can be paid in a number of ways detailed below:
- deduction from salary or occupational pension starting from 1st July
- deduction from certain payments received from Department of Social Protection
- Direct debit deductions which will commence on 15th July 2013 and will be deducted on the 15th of each month thereafter
- Cash payments (including debit/credit card) in equal instalments through approved Payment Service Providers (PPS).
If you have received a Return but you are not the owner of the property, you need to inform the Revenue so they can update the register and do not chase you for the return. You must include the name, address and PPS number of the liable person, why you consider you are not liable or why the property is not a residential property and any supporting documentation. Sent to LPT Branch, P.O. Box 1, Limerick.
Disclaimer: Advice shared in this blog is intended to inform rather than advise. Taxpayer's circumstances do vary and if you feel that the information provided is beneficial it is important that you contact us before implementation. If you take, or do not take action as a result of reading this forum, before receiving our written endorsement, we will accept no responsibility for any financial loss incurred.