The Government has announced that applications are open as of 14 August 2020 for the Enterprise Support Grant for those self employed people whose business has been impacted by COVID-19.
The Enterprise Support Grant is normally paid to people who are in receipt of jobseeker payments who close their claim to start their own business. It is now being extended to assist existing businesses who are reopening after COVID-19 restrictions.
Who can get the grant?
The Grant will be awarded to self-employed people who:
- are tax and PRSI compliant
- are not liable for commercial rates
- have been in receipt of the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and have closed their claim on or after 18th May 2020
- have reopened their business which was closed due to the pandemic
- employ less than 10 people
- have an annual turnover of less than €1 million
- are not eligible for COVID-19 Business Restart Grant or similar COVID-19 business re-start grants from other government departments
- can produce VAT receipts/invoices in respect of business re-start costs and expenses claimed, if requested to do so by the department.
How much is the grant?
Funding will be awarded for eligible costs up to a maximum of €1,000.
Grants will be awarded on costs related to reopening your business, including:
- safety measures
- business advice or mentoring
Normal business costs are not generally included.
You can apply for the Enterprise support grant by downloading the application form here
Date published 14 Aug 2020 | Last updated 14 Aug 2020
Choose the right accounting firm for you
Running your own business can be challenging so why not let TaxAssist Accountants manage your tax, accounting, bookkeeping and payroll needs? If you are not receiving the service you deserve from your accountant, then perhaps it’s time to make the switch?
We specialise in supporting independent businesses and work with over 6,246 clients. Each TaxAssist Accountant runs their own business, and are passionate about supporting you.
We enjoy talking to business owners and self-employed professionals who are looking to get the most out of their accountant. You can visit us at any of our 23 locations, meet with us online through video call software, or talk to us by telephone.
Changing accountants is easier than you might think. There are no tax implications and you can switch at any time in the year and our team will guide you through the process for a smooth transition.