There are a few things you need to know;
- You can now apply to your bank for a payment break of three months if you are impacted by Covid 19 with an extension possible.
- The banks have said they are working on a simplified application process to reduce form filling. We will update this page as soon as we know more. For now, we suggest you contact your bank directly without delay.
- The banks want to ensure that any COVID-19 application for a payment break and further reviews will not adversely impact the customer's credit record, and the banks reporting of these facilities. Banks want to avoid this and are meeting with the Central Bank of Ireland to urgently achieve a solution in this regard.
- Banks will also defer court proceedings for three months.
- Banks have also said they will provide working capital support by way of overdraft and loan facilities.